Tuesday, June 24, 2014

6/25 Outdoor Wednesday # 285

OW_thumb2_thumb_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1

It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. Learn more about “Outdoor Wednesday” HERE

1. POST your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.

Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.

2. Add your Name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr. Linky”. For help with permalink see HERE.

----------------------------------------------------------

It has been very hot here lately so I am going to share some plants from the shade this week!

The Christmas Fern

Christmas Fern

Christmas Fern2

The Cinnamon Fern

Cinnamon_fern

Cinnamon_fern2

The Rattlesnake Fern

rattlesnake-2

rattlesnake-2

The Royal Fern

Royal Fern (Osmunda regalis)

RoyalFern2

The Sensitive Fern

sensitive fern

sensitive fern2

Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.

HERE ARE THIS WEEK’S PARTICIPANTS:

14 comments:

  1. Your ferns are pretty - thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all these different ferns! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ferns are wonderful. Gorgeous images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely collection of ferns, Susan. Thanks for sharing (and hosting!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely, ferny tour of pattern and shapes. Such healthy looking plants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your vibrant green ferns, hope you too have found a nice shady spot for the summer!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan! I have LOADS of those Christmas Ferns along the end of our backyard border. Never knew what they were called, so I have been educated today. :-) Thanks! -- Happy Summer , Cass

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot and dry like it is in California is not very good for ferns - have tried to keep them several time, because I love the foliage - no luck. So I can enjoy them here:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah!!! Another fern enthusiast!!! I learned so much about ferns when I went to a guided tour the first ear we moved back! Our yard is full of numerous varieties!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, great fern pictures! Ferns are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ferns are delightful. I've started collecting ferns because I realized my shade gardens have fewer problems with weeds, and I like a variety of types of fern foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for having this blog party. Your ferns are lovely.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting Outdoor Wednesday Susan. Great ferns.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!